Be Inspired… for Employment & Skills
This site gives you access to local employers – offering details about their organisations & opportunities they offer.
The site also aims to make it easier for you to find work experience and move from education to employment.
You can search for employers, work experience or employment opportunities by areas of activity and job types.
You may be thinking about career & work-related activities such as;
- Your strengths and weaknesses, – what you are good at and what you enjoy – as well as what you may need to develop.
- Exploring job ideas – searching online & at looking at video clips on www.icould.com.
- Finding out about the world of work in Gloucestershire and surrounding areas using www.wowgloucestershire.co.uk.
Building up employability or work-related skills – gaining experience.
School Leaving Age
Young people born since 1st September 1997 must be in education or training until they are 18.
This does not mean that you have to stay on in the same school – just that you are still in some form of education or training, even if you have a job.
- full-time education in the same school, another school, a sixth form or further education college
- work-based learning, such as an Apprenticeship; or
- part-time education or training if you are employed, self-employed or volunteering for 20 hours or more a week.