Offering opportunities to young people with learning difficulties or disabilities
If you are an employer considering offering an opportunity to a young person with learning difficulties and / or disabilities (LD&D) you may have access to a range of support including;
- Financial help through the Youth Contract
- Help towards adaptations and equipment costs
- A job Coach/support worker to work with the young person
- Ongoing support for both the young person and employer
- Employer/employee awareness sessions for specific disabilities
- A package of support designed around the employees and employers needs utilising appropriate DWP and GCC funding streams
This is available whether the young person is employed or on an apprenticeship.
If you'd like more information please contact:
Forwards Work Clubs
Forwards Work Clubs are a multi agency initiative committed to providing employment solutions for employers and people with disabilities in Gloucestershire.