Using the Opportunities search
To use the opportunitees search module enter a keyword in the search field, and/or filter by;
- Activities – The type of activities that you'll be engaged in if you are accepted for the position eg. Retail
- Opportunity types – Filter by the types of opportunity you are interested in (see below for definitions).
If you are unsure as to the opportunities types listed on the site, here is a brief description of how we define them.
– Typically a one week placement (can be variable) for a 14-16 yr old or a 16-24 yr old.
– A work placement is for 18-24 year olds on Job Seekers Allowance, they continue to receive benefit and have their costs covered.
– A work based training programme, aimed at current and future employees.
– On-the-job training for graduates, normally in professional careers.
– A new paid employee working within your organisation.
– An opportunity to do something useful, without getting paid (apart from expenses).
– An activity set up by an employer to help Young People, for example holding mock interviews, careers talks or presentations.